There were Gay Pride celebrations across the fruited plain as celebrants took to the streets to herald the Supreme Court's decision to redefine marriage.
Supporters of LGBTQI and A marriages waved rainbow-colored flags from San Francisco to New York City.
Unfortunately—the festivities in the Big Apple turned ugly.
Father Jonathan Morris was walking near Broadway, wearing his cleric's collar, when he stumbled up the Gay Pride Parade.
Father Jonathan, who is also a Fox News contributor, tweeted what happened:
"Two men walked by and spat on me," he wrote.
They spat on a priest!
What kind of a person hurls their sputum at a priest? What kind of a human being does that?
But instead of responding with anger, Father Jonathan responded with grace.
"The two men who spat on me are probably very good man (sic) caught up in excitement and past resentment," he wrote. "Most in that parade would not do that."
He dismissed their act of ugliness as simply being caught up in the moment.
"Oh well, I deserve worse," he wrote.
In a way, it's a modern-day parable—those who preach tolerance are the least tolerant of all.
But Father Jonathan demonstrated that he not only preaches tolerance—he practices it.
A lesson for us all.
To continue reading more from Todd on toddstarnes.com, click here.
Todd Starnes is host of "Fox News & Commentary," heard on hundreds of radio stations. Sign up for his American Dispatch newsletter, be sure to join his Facebook page, and follow him on Twitter. His latest book is God Less America.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details