President Obama seems to loathe chatting with professional journalists but he relishes at the chance to banter with fringe gadflies—like the YouTube lady who bathes in breakfast cereal.
President Obama agreed to a podcast interview with comedian Marc Maron—a podcast host known for his crude language. But who knew the leader of the free world would be more crude than the host?
President Obama caused jaws to drop across the fruited plain when he uttered an expletive during the interview which was published on Monday. He mentioned the incredibly offensive racial epithet during a conversation over race in the aftermath of the church massacre in Charleston, South Carolina.
"Racism, we are not cured of it," Obama said. "And it's not just a matter of it not being polite to say (expletive) in public. That's not the measure of whether racism still exists or not. It's not just a matter of overt discrimination. Societies don't, overnight, completely erase everything that happened 200 to 300 years prior."
If he talks like that in public—I can only imagine what he says in private.
It does not appear that the president's remarks were off-the-cuff. Based on my interpretation of the podcast, he was cool, calm and measured in his use of the expletive.
It was disappointing to say the least to hear such a vulgarity come out of the mouth of the leader of the free world.
But there you have it folks—this is man who was supposed to usher in the post-racial America. This is the man who was supposed to unite, not divide.
What President Obama said is indefensible. It soils the dignity of the Oval Office.
For goodness sake. He's the president of the United States, not a hip-hop artist.
Todd Starnes is host of "Fox News & Commentary," heard on hundreds of radio stations. Sign up for his American Dispatch newsletter, be sure to join his Facebook page, and follow him on Twitter. His latest book is God Less America.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details