It seems the folks over at Rockefeller Center have a problem with the Almighty.
An astute reader pointed out that NBC has once again omitted God from the Pledge of Allegiance. The omission happened during a commercial promoting the network's upcoming spy thriller called Allegiance. How's that for a coincidence?
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the republic for which it stands," a chorus of voices intones in the spot. "One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
Allegiance is about a young CIA agent who learns his parents are former covert Russian spies who may be plotting a terrorist attack inside the United States. I'm assuming the CIA agent is the good guy—but then again—we're talking about NBC, folks.
I reached out to NBC to find out why they have a problem with God but so far no one has returned my telephone call. I probably would've had a better chance of finding an NBC executive at a Wednesday night church supper.
It's not the first time the Peacock Network has dissed a deity.
In 2011 NBC was forced, yes forced, to apologize after they omitted the phrase "one nation under God" from its coverage over the U.S. Open Championship. It happened not once, but twice.
The omission ignited a firestorm on Twitter, the New York Daily News reported at the time.
"Why does mainstream America not trust media? Simple, you can't get Pledge of Allegiance right, why trust you to tell us anything else? #NBC," Pastor Michael Catt tweeted at the time.
NBC released a statement to the trade publication Broadcasting & Cable and said the decision to eliminate God was "made by a small group of people."
"This was a bad decision," NBC stated.
And how can we forget about MSNBC?
In 2013 Rev. Al Sharpton, refused to utter "under God" during a "Lean Forward" commercial for the cable network.
In fairness to the "reverend" it may have been a simple oversight—seeing how he has a rather troubled past when reading off a teleprompter.
Allegiance will premiere Feb. 5 at 10 PM ET on NBC.
Lord have mercy.
Todd Starnes is host of Fox News & Commentary, heard on hundreds of radio stations. Sign up for his American Dispatch newsletter, be sure to join his Facebook page, and follow him on Twitter. His latest book is God Less America.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details