The Girl Scouts make a great thin mint – but I’ve decided not to buy their cookies this year.
Pro-life groups around the nation have launched a boycott of their cookies because of the organization’s alleged ties to Planned Parenthood.
In 2011, former Girl Scouts CEO Kathy Cloninger told NBC’s The Today Show that they did have a partnership with Planned Parenthood.
“We partner with many organizations. We have relationships with our church communities, with YWCA’s and with Planned Parenthood organizations across the country,” she said.
You can read more about the Girl Scouts’ alleged ties with Planned Parenthood by clicking here.
A spokeswoman for the Scouts tells Associated Press they do not endorse politicians or take stands on political issues.
Brian Crawford, the GSUSA’s chief licensing executive, also denied a “partnership or any relationship with Planned Parenthood and does not plan to initiate one.”
He also sent a tersely worded letter to LifeNews.com and ordered them to stop using the Girl Scouts logo in their news coverage.
I hear what the Girl Scouts are saying, but I’m troubled by what they may be doing.
Lila Rose, the president of Live Action, is one of the nation’s leading pro-life voices. She urged parents to consider healthy, wholesome alternatives.
“No little girl – or her parents – should have anything to do with an organization that kills over 330,000 pre-born children a year, covers up sexual abuse, advocates for infanticide, and builds its entire business model on harming women,” Rose said in a prepared statement.
So that’s why I’ve decided to forego their peanut butter patties this year.
If I knew that a single penny of Girl Scout money was helping to fund Planned Parenthood — Well – I’d just lose my cookies.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details