At approximately 4 a.m. Thursday morning, Justin Bieber learned an age-old lesson: Nothing good ever happens after midnight.
The teenage pop star was arrested in Miami Beach. The charges are staggering: drag racing, driving under the influence and resisting arrest. Police said Bieber was caught speeding down a residential street in a yellow Lamborghini.
He admitted to smoking marijuana, taking prescription medication and drinking alcohol. He failed a field sobriety test.
Bieber has gone from a wannabe thug with saggy pants to a full-blown, bona fide, grade-A thug—with saggy pants.
The police report indicated the 19-year-old bombarded the arresting officer with a flurry of F-bombs. He repeatedly refused to take his hands out of his pockets and demanded to know why he was being arrested.
“What the [profanity] are you doing?” he demanded to know.
Ironically, that’s the same question many people have been asking of Bieber: What are you doing?
I suspect many of his fans and their parents are wondering what happened to the clean-cut crooner with epic hair who quoted Bible verses and professed to be a wholesome churchgoer?
And kudos to the arresting officer for his professionalism in the middle of Bieber’s profanity-laced meltdown. That boy’s mouth was writing checks his body couldn’t cash. Bieber is quite fortunate to still have all of his teeth.
Bieber’s downward spiral has been well-documented by the Hollywood press, from urinating in public to cavorting with strippers. He’s under a felony investigation over allegations he egged his neighbor’s house.
His posse is a motley crew of assorted ruffians and scoundrels who’ve had countless brushes with the law. Bieber’s cohorts are proof that if you hang out with turkeys, you’re going to get roasted.
Hollywood is littered with the tarnished reputations of child stars gone bad. Bieber is not the first, nor is he the last to succumb to Tinseltown’s bright lights and temptations. The road to perdition is paved with seductive twists and turns. Hopefully, this young man’s family will intervene before he discovers that the road he’s traveling leads to a dead end.
It’s time for the Biebs to drop the droopy drawers and put on some man pants.
The Good Book tells us that when we were children, we spoke and thought and reasoned as children. But when we grew up, we put away childish things.
By the world’s standards, Bieber seems to have it all—fame and fortune. But today, the 19-year-old star sat behind bars.
Justin Bieber never put away his childish things.
Todd Starnes is host of Fox News & Commentary, heard on hundreds of radio stations. Sign up for his American Dispatch newsletter, be sure to join his Facebook page, and follow him onTwitter. His latest book is God Less America.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details