Jesus gave us a short list of predictions of one-time-in-history events that will take place before His return and the rapture of the church. The most troubling of these prophecies is found in Matthew 24:21-22 (NIV):
"For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again. If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened."
We know from many other prophecies that this time is history is short, only 3 1/2 years. Yet we can see from Jesus' own words that this time in history, called the Great Tribulation, will reach such intensity that to live through it will seem a miracle, and it will be.
Because of this, you can store up a little food and water. I believe that's wise, but I want to suggest a better tactic. Jesus predicts in Luke 21:34-36 a great trap that will be sprung on the whole earth and the way of escape is prayer.
The book of Revelation speaks over and over about holding to "the testimony of Jesus and the word of God." It means holding to the absolute promise that Jesus gave the high priest when asked if He was Messiah.
"I am," said Jesus. "And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven" (Mark 14:62).
Our survival in tribulation is not food or water but our firm hope in the return of Jesus coming as our eternal deliverer.
To go deeper in your knowledge of Jesus' teachings on the end times, follow us on Facebook. Visit our website, stopendtimeconfusion.com/, and download our free ebook, Reign of Fire. Chapter 3 especially addresses what Jesus taught.
Listen to our podcast on CPN, Stop End-Time Confusion. Be found ready for Jesus' return!
Tom Grossman Sr. was powerfully changed in 2000 when he had a vision of the Second Coming of Christ. Since then, Tom has served in the House of Prayer setting as director as well as prayer leader and mentor. Tom developed The School of Prayer, The Foundations of Worship-based Prayer series 1 & 2, The WordWatch devotional series, authored two books and created teaching tools that have been translated internationally. He has spent the last 23 years in focused, prayerful study of the Word of God, which he believes is clear regarding the return of Jesus, and in teaching this from the Word. His passion is to see the church no longer confused about the end times but focused and ready for the return of Jesus.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details