Living in the blessing requires being at the right place. Adam didn't choose where he wanted to live; God prepared the place of blessing for him and then put him in it. If we're going to live in blessing, we must go to the place that God has prepared for us to be blessed. Elijah was in a famine and the brook of supply he'd relied on for sustenance dried up. God told him to go to Zarephath, a particular place, because He had prepared a widow to take care of him.
From Abraham to Jacob, God spoke explicitly about where to go or not go in each case. Abraham was told to leave his family and their land and go where God would show him. Isaac was told not to leave the place he was in, even though there was a famine. Jacob was told to go back to his family and to his father's land. Where you go matters and only obedience will take you there.
Child of God, your father wants to bless you too. There is no question but the doorway of blessing only opens one way. To enter is to go where and how God instructs. To choose your own path is to go unprepared into a land not ready for your arrival. Lack of obedience is the reason so many find the blessing elusive. Instead of making a course correction and living a life of surrender, they mistakenly believe a false doctrine of lack and suffering. You don't have to go without a minute longer. Your God owns the cattle on a thousand hills. He said that all the gold and all the silver belongs to him (Hag. 2:8). He said that the earth is His and all its fullness (Ps. 24:1). God is not poor, and He isn't running low on supply.
Say this with me, "God wants me blessed!" Galatians 3:29 (NLT) proclaims, "And now that you belong to Christ, you are the true children of Abraham. You are his heirs, and God's promise to Abraham belongs to you." God has already made preparation for you. Just obey and see what God will do. You can find the entire teaching series of The Building Blocks of Blessing, Increase and Multiplication on The Jaime Luce Podcast.
Jaime Luce is an author, blogger, podcaster, speaker and monthly contributor to Charisma magazine. She attended The Kings University in Southlake, Texas with studies in biblical and theological studies. Her constant endeavor in every mode of communication is to encourage and strengthen the body of Christ through the power of God's Word. Her website is jaimeluce.com. You can reach her by email at email@example.com.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details