You're all too familiar with the pain of loving a prodigal. Watching them make destructive choices with agonizing consequences; not knowing anymore what to say, do or pray; feeling helpless when you see them getting worse and not better. Today God wants to encourage everyone who loves a prodigal.
Your prodigal is coming home!
I recently sat down with JoAnn Kates, a trusted intercessor in the body of Christ and ministry director of Pastors Need Prayer. JoAnn shared a dream God gave her about the coming revival—a revival in God in which a tsunami of prodigals will be swept into the church.
In the dream, JoAnn saw a move of God's Spirit like she had never before seen. A revivalist with whom she was familiar with was praying for a prodigal that she personally knows. God revealed to JoAnn that the revivalist signified the coming revival and the prodigal she saw in the dream represented the thousands upon thousands of prodigals who have walked away from the Lord.
As the revivalist prayed for the prodigal, much healing was taking place in the heart and life of that prodigal. JoAnn was struck by the fact that God's healing power would be a major component of the coming revival because our prodigals are majorly wounded and in need of immense healing.
The dream continued with God revealing a plot of the enemy to try to stop this revival of prodigals. JoAnn and I talked about how we should warfare in the Spirit to stave off this attack against revival and how we should spiritually prepare ourselves for the homecoming of our prodigals.
To get ready for your prodigal's return and to learn how to effectively pray for them, listen to this week's Fire Starter podcast episode.
Dr. Jamie Morgan is the author of the newly released book Thirsty: A 31-Day Journey to Personal Revival. She leads a movement for women in ministry, Trailblazer Mentoring Network (TrailblazerMentoring.com). She is a senior pastor, prayer warrior, writer, revivalist, mentor and hosts the podcast Fire Starter. She graduated with her M.A. in practical theology from Oral Roberts University and her D.Min. from the Assemblies of God Theological Seminary. She serves on America's National Prayer Committee. Learn more at jamiemorgan.com.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details