A new study now confirms the biblical teaching that human beings were never meant to die.
"The new research, published Wednesday in the Royal Society Open Science journal, wades into the debate by analyzing new data on supercentenarians—people aged 110 or more—and semi-supercentenarians, aged 105 or more," MSN.com reports.
The study concluded that once human beings pass 100 years old, their likelihood of dying actually decreases. The data suggests that people living to 130 years old is very likely. More than that, the study reported evidence that there is reason to believe a person doesn't technically have to die.
Currently, the oldest verified living person in the world is Kane Tanaka of Japan, who is 118 years old.
Believe it or not, Kyodo News reports that, "Tanaka, born on Jan. 2 1903, was recognized by the Guinness World Records as the world's oldest living person in March 2019 aged 116. Those born in the same year include British novelist George Orwell. She also set an all-time Japanese age record in September last year at 117 years and 261 days."
Of course the Bible records that people have lived much longer than that!
Some famous biblical patriarchs are known to have lived extraordinarily long lives. Joshua lived to be 110 years old (Josh. 24:29), Moses lived to be 120 (Deut. 34:7), Abraham lived to be 175 (Gen. 25:7) and the first recorded man, Adam, lived to be 930 (Gen. 5:3-5).
None of these however, lived to be as old as Methuselah, the oldest recorded being to have walked the face of the earth. Methuselah died at 969 years old (Gen. 5:27).
Behind all of this is the fact that people die because of sin in the world. God admonished Adam and Eve in Genesis 2:16-17, "And the Lord God commanded the man, saying 'Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat, but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it you will surely die."
Likewise, the apostle Paul affirms that, "Therefore as sin came into the world through one man and death through sin, so death has spread to all men, because all have sinned" (Rom. 5:12).
Christians have an amazing promise of eternal life through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
While every person will one day die due to sin, we hold fast to the promise found in the book of Revelation, where the apostle John records, "God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes. There shall be no more death. Neither shall there be any more sorrow nor crying nor pain, for the former things have passed away" (Rev. 21:4).
Amen. Let us continue to pray for the speedy returning of the Lord!
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details