Shortly after arriving in Mexico in 1999, the business that was supporting our ministry pulled out. Stuck in a foreign country with no way or finances to leave, we had some big decisions to make. Our course of action? We got on our faces before God and worshipped until we ran out of songs to sing!
We worshipped in the Spirit for hours, and the heavens opened up in those moments. Revelation, miracles, visions and angelic visitations started becoming our daily bread. In the midst of the greatest struggle of our lives, we had the most outstanding breakthroughs in prayer and intercession!
Perhaps that's why I never saw intercession as something you only do in your prayer closet. Because we were always praised up, the Lord could call on us to pray any time. We would be walking the beach or taking a drive into town, and the Holy Spirit would tap on our shoulders to pray a burden through.
When you discover that praise is the secret key to keeping the doors of intercession open, you tap into power.
When you introduce praise into your prayer closet, you establish a direct connection to the one who intercedes at the right hand of the Father on your behalf. When you are permanently tapped into Jesus, your intercession becomes an overflow of His.
Sing With the Angels
"And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven" (Matt. 16:19, NKJV).
The warrior angels, such as Michael, are called to war. The messenger angels, such as Gabriel, bring messages. However, what about the worship angels? They are the heralds who sang at the birth of Jesus as He lay in a manger. They are the ones who connect us to the realm of heaven.
As we pour out our praise to the Lord, He pours His heart into us in return. What we loose on earth is loosed in heaven.
So stay praised up! When God needs you to pray, He has you on speed dial. Intercession is not a once-a-week event in my prayer closet. Rather, it is an extension of God's will from heaven to earth. In this episode of Next Gen Prophets on the Charisma Podcast Network titled Get Praised Up to Be Prayed Up, Craig and I share some of our experiences in the Spirit and the miracles we saw when we learned to be praised up. Listen and then visit our site, and let's motivate one another to stay praised up!
Colette Toach of Toach Ministries International is the author of 40 books including the widely popular, Today's Prophet. She works alongside her husband Craig Toach, training their passionate Next Gen Prophet Team with divisions in South Africa, Switzerland, Mexico and San Diego, California.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details