For years, I felt tucked away in a rural area, wondering why I was pouring my heart into this ministry which seemed to not have a large following as I had expected. Many would actually say to me, "I did not know you had this equipping and training ministry." I wondered why, and I wondered what I was doing wrong. I could not understand why God had placed me into this assignment when the range of influence appeared small. Yet I never felt released to stop because there definitely was fruit.
I believe there are many who feel hidden and isolated. These people question the why of their assignment and wonder where the support is to complete the task at hand. We can have hidden seasons, and they often occur after going through an influential period, just as Elijah did.
Ever wonder what was taking place in the hidden times? Hidden time has the divine purpose of wooing us back to our first love. We cannot do ministry or live our lives without intimacy and really knowing our God. In the secret place, we find strength, so we don't retreat and never complete our assignments. In the secret place, God may be preparing us for our next assignments, strengthening us through intimacy, so we develop a dependence on God for every need, empowering us with the necessary anointing or gifts the assignment requires.
Elijah, after a powerful battle encounter, went into hiding. He was standing in the place of injustice and was struggling with an amazing victory followed by horrific threats. Can you identify? I think many of us can. Yet Elijah rested, receive refreshment and was restored. He tucked his cloak under his belt and ran full force with incredible endurance.
Now the Lord is saying, "Let Me see your face and hear your voice!" It is time to emerge out of our hiding place, be overshadowed by the wrap-around presence of the Lord and allow whatever God has impregnated you with to come forth.
If this resonates with you, listen to the entire interview with Kim Hadaway on A New Level Awaits You on the Charisma Podcast Network.
Lois Flewelling is an engaging speaker, teacher and author who flows in the prophetic anointing to empower individuals to walk out in their God-given destiny. She is an international speaker who teaches on how to enter and walk out in your God anointed assignments. Lois believes God is raising up an army of warriors to advance the kingdom of God and her mandate is to equip and train for this season. Go to loisflewelling.com for her books, online courses and blogs.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details