Have you ever been turned off or walked away from a leader? Or have you been in a relationship with someone and found out they were a different person behind closed doors?
Could you stand in full confidence with yourself if your actions, attitudes and lifestyle behind closed doors were revealed to the public? Whenever we witness somebody acting differently in private than they do in public, we call them a hypocrite. One of the key characteristics valued by God is integrity. Integrity means to live in truth, to be authentic with God, yourself and your community. The key to true success is to have the integrity of heart. As a result, you will build a genuine relationship and be a trustworthy leader.
Integrity can only grow through intimacy with God. God does not desire perfection, but He wants continuous growth in characteristics that reflect Him. For example, as David pursued God's heart, his heart started to shift and align with God's. David gained a reputation for integrity as his character grew. As we grow in intimacy with God, we desire and grow with an integrity-filled heart. In Genesis 20:5 after seeing King Abimelech's heart of integrity, God displayed special protection over him. God warns Abimelech in a dream by revealing the truth about Sarah, who was Abraham's wife and not his sister. God uses, trusts and blesses those who value the integrity of heart. If you are drowning in lies and excuses and have been compromising with worldly values, repent and pursue God. Integrity in a heart is found when we run hard after God's heart.
Are you ready to grow in an integrity-filled heart? Listen to this episode of Raised to Deliver on the Charisma Podcast Network for more.
Vladimir Savchuk is the lead pastor of Hungry Generation Church and author of Break Free, Single, Ready to Mingle and Fight Back. He is also a founder of a virtual online school. To download free e-books, sermon series and small group study guides go to vladimirsavchuk.com.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details