Three weeks ago, the Supreme Court shocked the nation with its landmark decision regarding employment discrimination on the basis of sex. Although this presents grave cause for concern, it is also a matter for deep prayer.
President of Intercessors for America David Kubal says on the Headline Prayer podcast on the Charisma Podcast Network that the Supreme Court made one decision based on three separate court cases, but "The court case Bostock vs. Clayton County, Georgia, was the lead," he says. "The Bostock ruling involves the question of what is employment discrimination on the basis of sex, prohibited by Title IX of the 1964 Civil Rights Act. The term 'sex' was determined to include anatomy, behavior, gender, identity and attraction.
"Now all of these things are within the broadest definition of sex and at the core of a protected class, legally requiring a governmentally prescribed treatment," Kubal says. "Here's an explanation of discrimination written by Justice Neil Gorsuch, in his majority opinion: 'An employer who fires an individual for being homosexual or transgender fires that person for traits or actions it would not have questioned in members of a different sex.'
"In other words, because a woman wears dresses to work, you cannot discriminate against a man who wears dresses to work," Kubal says. "Let me say that again. The rationale is because a woman wears dresses to work, you can't discriminate against a man who wears dresses to work.
"Let that sink in. This is a twisted rationale that legally protects the idea that there is no difference between male and female," Kubal says. "It's not that everyone is equal. This ruling really declares everyone is the same. The God-given, beautiful distinction between male and female was blurred even before this ruling when male athletes competed in female competitions and when men used female bathrooms and more, because men and women are not the same. This ruling treats everyone the same and calls it 'equality.'
"Obergefell [the landmark 2015 Supreme Court case that legalized homosexual marriage] redefined God's definition of marriage. Bostock declares God's differences between men and women do not exist."
To hear more about the devastation of this recent Supreme Court decision and why we need to pray for our nation, click here to listen to the entire podcast.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.