What is the most dangerous segment of our society today? What could cause God to send judgment on our nation?
Pastor Todd Smith of Christ Fellowship Church in Dawsonville, Georgia, and the North Georgia Revival has an answer, and it may not be the one you expect. On the Kingdom Ready podcast on the Charisma Podcast Network, Smith says, "The most dangerous segment to our society is not the abortion industry, as violent and as hideous as that is... The most dangerous component to our way of life is not racism. As repulsive as that is, as detrimental as that is, racism is not going to be the thing that brings our nation down. Corruption in government, lack of prayer in schools or the removal of The Ten Commandments from our public building—as demoralizing as that was and as incomprehensible as that was, these things are not the most dangerous segment in our society.
"I don't even think that the human trafficking epidemic that we're experiencing not only here in America, but literally all over the world is not what's going to bring this nation under judgment," Smith adds. "Now again, as horrific as that is that alone, I don't think will bring judgment to the nation. It won't even be the aggressive LGBT agenda, once again, as big an abomination as it is now.
"God is not overlooking those things. God's not bypassing those things," Smith says. "But I do not believe that those issues, movements, segments of our society—I do not believe that those things alone are going to bring judgment to this nation. This is basically sinners doing what sinners do. And Jesus came to save sinners."
So what is that dangerous societal segment? Smith says it simply: "It is a sick, consumer-based, offended, lukewarm, lazy, entitled, unholy, carnal backslidden prayerless church. I believe that this what I just described to you is the most dangerous component in America. It alone will be responsible for the judgment. If and when it comes to America, the church will be held responsible."
To hear more about the church and its responsibility for the coming judgment—as well as how we can advance change through the power of God, click here to listen to the entire podcast.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details