Many believers were expecting a greater release of power from this Pentecost, and I think it goes without saying that there have been more prayers going up to heaven than at any other time in history.
The church/ekklesia is awakening to prayer, which is a wonderful thing. But many were also expecting, and even prophesying the latter reign (Joel 2:28-32). And while we know it's coming; we need to be made ready first with deeper repentance and the fear of the Lord returning to God's family. The bride is in need of preparation and has made herself ready (Rev. 19:7).
The directive for Pentecost to the disciples was to wait for the power. And this year, many of God's children gathered together on Zoom for 10 days of 24-hour prayer before Shavuot/Pentecost (10days.net). This was not the only group praying, of course, as there were many dedicated saints praying all over the world.
This was a most awesome time, initially with a deep stirring of repentance and Spirit-led mourning over sin. But then as we moved further into the 10 Days of Prayer experience, His love began to cut deeper into our hearts, His "liquid love" is the phrase being coined to describe the greater power and glory.
So we must not be disappointed with the lack of outward power from this Pentecost, because the greater power is from within, and this is where it will start. Even as the world around us is seriously been shaken, His body must arise as a light shining in the darkness, and it all starts with His love in us fulfilling His only new command to love one another as He has loved us (John 13:34-35).
These end-time battles will not necessarily be fought and won on the political front (not to say this is not important), but rather with hearts of love and compassion through His saints and a vigilance to pray to stand for truth in prayer.
You can click here to see some of the testimonies on our Facebook for the 10 Days of Prayer.
Join the 10-Day movement this fall for The 10 Days of Awe for prayer and fasting between Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur. This is a special vision and calling for His Church/ekklesia in these ends of days before our Lord returns (10days.net).
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.