If a large portion of the body of Christ was truly honest, they would admit that often times they feel powerless. Every believer at one point or another feels weak, defenseless or defeated. Walking with Jesus is a life of faith and as believers we have to push against the current of this world's system bravely and resolutely. At the end of the day, we can't do that in our own human strength. Every single one of us needs the anointing of the Holy Spirit to empower us to walk in the victory that Christ died and rose again for us to have!
There are many gifts of the Spirit that the Lord has graciously given believers to equip us to walk in our God-given callings successfully. Michael Lombardo believes that speaking in tongues is one of the most power-packed giftings of all. In Michael's time at Bible school, on the mission field and traveling itinerantly, he believes this gift is tremendously undervalued.
Some Christians don't believe speaking in tongues is a relevant and biblical gift for today, while others just don't speak in tongues because they don't truly understand its powerful nature in the life of the believer today. Others have sought this gift and gotten disillusioned in the process. Regardless of the circumstance, Michael believes this needs to be addressed so the worldwide body of Christ can step into the fullness of everything Jesus paid for her to possess.
There are many spiritual benefits to praying in the Spirit. The great apostle Paul said that he spoke in tongues more than every other believer. That's a huge deal because the apostle Paul wrote more than two-thirds of the New Testament, preached the gospel to the ends of the earth and turned the world upside down with his message and the demonstration of miracles that followed him. On the newest episode of Awaken Podcast, the host, Michael Lombardo, breaks down the biblical foundation for the importance of praying in tongues as well as its many spiritual benefits. Tune in to find out more.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details