God is not boring, but we sometimes get bored. We get stuck going through the motions and doing things mindlessly "for God." This can happen to all of us and it has happened to me many times. My relationship with God has not felt fresh in every moment and that's OK.
I believe the key to getting out of these ruts is to rediscover the God we are overly familiar with. There are lesser known things about God that might offend your intellect but will intrigue your spirit, bringing you out of being stuck. God loves to offend our intellect in order to invite us into kingdom truths. Jesus did it to people all the time.
Here is how it all works: Wonder makes way for wisdom. In order for wisdom to flow into our lives, we have to be filled with wonder. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom (Prov. 9:10) and that word fear actually means "awe." If we are filled with "awe" when we come to the Lord, wisdom is going to come after us. Check out this verse in The Passion Translation:
"The starting point for acquiring wisdom is to be consumed with awe as you worship Jehovah-God. To receive the revelation of the Holy One, you must come to the one who has living-understanding" (Prov. 9:10, TPT).
This picture of awe-filled worship is amazing because when we place our heart above our head, wisdom rolls downhill. When we bow low before the Lord because we see how awesome He truly is, we receive wisdom that we can then walk in. We need to allow for the flow of the rest of God. The rest of God and the REST of God. We know will never fully understand God completely and that is kind of the point, right? Otherwise, we could easily "lean on our own understanding" (see Prov. 3:5), which would keep us from relying on the Lord.
We need to spend time in wonder of our wonderful God. There is no one like Him. None can be compared to Him! All glory and honor and praise be unto the one who was slain and is risen for us forevermore! There is so much more to know about Him, and to know Him is to love Him.
I want to help you on this journey. Check out my book, The Wild, Weird and Wonderful ways of Yahweh, today on Amazon to start rediscovering the God you may be overly familiar with. You can find the book here.
I bless you in the name of Jesus!
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details