I believe the restoration of God is coming to the United States. In the wake of a pandemic that has struck fear into the hearts of so many, it is no doubt that we have an incredible opportunity to arise and shine as the radiant bride of Christ. However, I believe it would be a mistake to miss the greater opportunity that is at hand. God is calling us to use this time of slowing down to enter His rest so we can bring restoration.
Restoration starts with rest, and I believe it is God's desire to leverage this time to do just that: restore what has been broken. I see this in the ministry of Jesus in Mark 3:14 (NIV). It says, "He appointed twelve that they might be with him and that he might send them out to preach" Did you notice the order of things there? The first appointment was to be with Him. I believe if we take the opportunity of the last few weeks to mark us with this "first appointment," then we will see restoration come through the preaching of the gospel.
Many have said that the church building is closed, but the church is still open and active. I completely agree but I want to buffer this idea with one thing: If we do not take the opportunity to first "be with Him" during this time... if we do not take the opportunity to rest... we will not see the full restoration that God wants to bring to our families, cities and nation.
We must understand that God wants us to be operating at our full capacity. We cannot do this with our cultural 110% attitude. We cannot be going, going, going all the time and hope to keep advancing the kingdom.
We must, like Jesus, often get away with our Father and pray (see Luke 5:16). We have to create a sustainable rhythm of life that gives priority to a Sabbath rest. I am not talking about the legalistic form the Pharisees are known for; I am talking about a true soul-rest that gives God our first moments of the day, week, month, year so we can be at our best at all times. We were made for resting with God and working from that rest in order to bring restoration to the earth.
I believe the greatest revival in the history of the earth is upon us. May we walk in wisdom so we have the energy needed to carry the call.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details