One day I was outside working in my yard, and a neighbor came over and told me there was a deceased man in the basement of the house across the street from us. Later that day, I found out it was the landlord's son. He had committed suicide. He was sent to the house to clean it out after the previous tenants had moved out. The neighbor who discovered the man's body said the room he was in was some sort of witchcraft/occult temple with writings on the wall and an altar.
As I thought about the previous tenants, they seemed a little different but always kept to themselves. I had thought that maybe since they were from another country, they had cultural differences. One thing that did stand out to me was that over the past couple of years, there were a couple of strange deaths and terrible illnesses in different houses within a couple of hundred yards of this home. Every situation seemed completely unrelated.
During this time, God had been adamant that I walk around in my house, authoritatively calling on the name of Jesus. I even remember one day after I had been in deep prayer, I got up to look out the window, and my whole yard was full of black crows. Thinking back, I realize ultimately there were witches who were operating across the street from me, creating much destruction.
I thank God that my house was spared death and sickness, but I will never forget how that spirit was able to operate behind the scenes. My question now is, how many Christians are being affected by occult powers and don't have an idea about the reason or source of the trouble? When you mention witchcraft as a possible source of problems, most people will look at you with a somewhat glassy look on their face.
I remember a woman who attended my church once to receive prayer. She told me her two children decided they wanted to practice witchcraft. When I began to tell her the truth about the powers of darkness, she asked me why no one had ever told her this stuff before. She had been attending a well-known church down the street and had no idea about Satan's devices.
In my podcast, The Dangers of Witchcraft, I talk about this spirit and how to fight it and stay under the protection of God.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details