One day I was outside working in my yard, and a neighbor came over and told me there was a deceased man in the basement of the house across the street from us. Later that day, I found out it was the landlord's son. He had committed suicide. He was sent to the house to clean it out after the previous tenants had moved out. The neighbor who discovered the man's body said the room he was in was some sort of witchcraft/occult temple with writings on the wall and an altar.
As I thought about the previous tenants, they seemed a little different but always kept to themselves. I had thought that maybe since they were from another country, they had cultural differences. One thing that did stand out to me was that over the past couple of years, there were a couple of strange deaths and terrible illnesses in different houses within a couple of hundred yards of this home. Every situation seemed completely unrelated.
During this time, God had been adamant that I walk around in my house, authoritatively calling on the name of Jesus. I even remember one day after I had been in deep prayer, I got up to look out the window, and my whole yard was full of black crows. Thinking back, I realize ultimately there were witches who were operating across the street from me, creating much destruction.
I thank God that my house was spared death and sickness, but I will never forget how that spirit was able to operate behind the scenes. My question now is, how many Christians are being affected by occult powers and don't have an idea about the reason or source of the trouble? When you mention witchcraft as a possible source of problems, most people will look at you with a somewhat glassy look on their face.
I remember a woman who attended my church once to receive prayer. She told me her two children decided they wanted to practice witchcraft. When I began to tell her the truth about the powers of darkness, she asked me why no one had ever told her this stuff before. She had been attending a well-known church down the street and had no idea about Satan's devices.
In my podcast, The Dangers of Witchcraft, I talk about this spirit and how to fight it and stay under the protection of God.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer