One of the most awe-inspiring titles given to God's people is found in Revelation 21:9. We are called "the bride, the wife of the Lamb." How amazing! The Most High has joined Himself in eternal matrimony to sons and daughters of Adam who, though once stained with sin, have been cleansed, redeemed, regenerated and brought into a holy union with God. No wonder heaven exploded in praise to God:
Then I heard something like the sound like a great multitude, as the sound of many waters and as the sound of mighty thunderings, saying: "Alleluia! For the Lord God Omnipotent reigns! Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready" (Rev. 19:6-7).
Who Is in 'the Bride'?
One of the best ways of discovering who is included in the "bride of Christ" is to examine the symbolism found in the book of Revelation.
"Then I saw 'a new heaven and a new earth.' For the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no more sea. I, John, saw the Holy City, the New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband" (Rev. 21:1-2).
In verse 9, this heavenly city is referred to as "the bride, the wife of the Lamb."
The rich symbolic descriptions of the city that follow reveal many key aspects of the bride, including her identity. For the 12 gates to the city are named after the 12 tribes of Israel and the 12 foundations of the city are named after the 12 apostles of the Lamb. Elements of both covenants are found in one city. So, all those who have been married to God in a covenant relationship, Old Testament or New, are part of His eternal bride.
So much vital revelation is available about this amazing role God has called us to fill.
Listen to today's podcast with Mike Shreve as we explore Part 1 of this marvelous subject on Discover Your Spiritual Identity.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details