In the natural, it is easy to look at the circumstances around us and fear. We watch the utter circumvention of justice in the impeachment inquiry and wonder, "How do the Democrats continue to get away with this?"
As we watch, seemingly helplessly, it is easy to fear and allow hopelessness to take over. But don't. For it is in times such as these that the Lord says, "Do not fear."
Over and over again throughout history the messengers of the Lord spoke those words to:
- The shepherds in the field, as the glory of the Lord shone all around them. As that supernatural phenomenon was taking place, and even as their hearts were moved to fear, the angel said to them, "Do not fear. For I bring you good news of great joy, which will be to all people" (Luke 2:10).
- At a time when everything was shifting in Joseph's world, and he was about to put Mary away, an angel appeared to him in a dream and said, "Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid" (Matt 1:20).
- At Jesus' tomb, when the women came to prepare his body, they found it gone. Their world had been completely shaken and they were afraid, but once again a messenger came and said, "Do not be afraid. For I know that you are looking for Jesus who was crucified" (Matt 28:5).
During turbulent times, people of faith were told, "Do not fear" before God showed up to deliver them. In each event there was good reason to fear as the world around them shifted.
Is it any different from where we are today, as the rules for justice seem to be shifting sand?
Is there not a reason to fear as we see all semblance of justice ignored and even those who are innocent fined or put in jail? As we see evil called good and good called evil?
But just as in days of old, He says even now, "Do not fear!"
Did you know that when we face these turbulent times without fear, it actually points to their destruction? I believe that is both in the natural and the spiritual realm.
"Do not be frightened by your adversaries. This is a sign to them of their destruction, but of your salvation, and this from God" (Phil 1:28).
As I read that word, I suddenly saw it, understood it and recognized it as a word for this hour. When we choose to put our trust in God and not fear, it signals the enemy's destruction! And the spirits of darkness know it.
The word destruction in that verse is the Greek word apoleia. It means: "ruin or loss, spiritually and/or eternally. To die, to perish, exclusion from God."
This is what we are really seeing. It is the utter destruction of the stronghold of witchcraft that has gripped our nation. I saw the demonic stronghold as a hand holding tightly to a bar. Yet finger by finger its hold was loosened as one by one each finger was pried off. Even now it is holding on by one last finger, its desperation on full display.
We are not the ones in fear.
Even as the demonic spirits are terrified of their loss of control, similarly, in the natural realm, those who have orchestrated this coup attempt are just as terrified. For when they fail, they not only lose the control they have desperately tried to regain, but their corruption is being fully exposed. They are desperately clawing for a way out.
What we are watching is a sign of destruction for them.
When they threw Daniel in the lion's den, it was his enemies who were devoured. When Haman commanded the gallows to be built to destroy his enemy Mordecai, it was he who was hung on it.
When the armies of Ammon, Moab and Mount Seir advanced against the Israelites, they were the ones devoured at their own hand.
The Ammonites and Moabites rose up against the men from Mount Seir to destroy and annihilate them. After they finished slaughtering the men from Seir, they helped to destroy one another (2 Chr. 20:23).
This will be no different. The destruction of those intent on destruction is imminent, and they will be consumed. This will happen suddenly. We will look and they will be gone.
In this hour, those who have their eyes on the Lord will see His salvation. For God is coming and His scales of justice are in His hand.
Honest scales and balances belong to the Lord; all the weights in the bag are of His making (Prov. 16:11).
Let us remember that He has said:
"I, even I, am He who comforts you. Who are you that you should be afraid of a man who shall die, and of the son of man who shall be made as grass?" (Isa. 51:12).
"Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will help you, yes, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand" (Isa. 41:10).
Karen Hardin is an intercessor, author, minister and literary agent. She is called to exhort, encourage and help raise up the remnant. She desires to empower those who have grown weary so they can reposition to walk in identity and destiny. Her work has appeared in USA Today, World Net Daily, Intercessors for America, Charisma, CBN.com, The Elijah List and more. For additional information, you may contact her at prioritypr.org or karenhardin.com.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details