Dating will cause you to find out so much more about yourself. As I stated in my last two posts (read them here and here), you find out your patience levels, your boundaries and so much more.
I had to ask myself if dating was even worth it. Dating can be fun, challenging and at some points, disappointing. I am a 50-year-old Christian.Trust me, waiting a long time on God to send the man or the woman He created for you. can really get on your last nerve.
For those of you who can relate to this, sisters and brothers, I get it. However, we are strong enough to get through the days with peace while trusting the Father. I took some time off from the dating sites and focused on myself. This year, I started the dating sites again.
I met some amazing men. They were all handsome believers. They were professional men and willing to put themselves out there. It was awesome meeting every last one of them. I especially loved the meet and greets, where you met someone for 10 minutes at a coffee house or a quick lunch. Maybe even a short dinner. Our conversations were great.
I managed to narrow my choices down to three men whom I truly connected with. Out of these three, there was one I focused on.
What a connection! Our smiles were electrifying, and we connected on our professions and conversation. Could this be real? I thought.
Now the challenge was to trust the process. How long does it take a man to know if he wants to make the emotional investment? We're both in our 50s! What does dating look like at this age? I knew I could not act like a teenager, but I didn't want to be an old prude, stuck in her ways of singleness.
Oh my! The challenge here for me was to just calm down. As the Bible says, be anxious for nothing (see Phil. 4:6-7). So I prayed a lot for my thoughts to stop racing. It was hard because this man met every one of the prayers I had made to God. But I had to trust the process. Remain steadfast and allow the Father to do it (1 Cor. 15:58). Often, that's easier said than done.
Stay tune for the next blog and podcast to read and hear what I had to do in my wait while dating. You don't want to miss this.
Trust God with every step you take. Your steps are ordered by Him (see Ps. 37:23).
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details