A ministry in El Paso, Texas is asking all intercessors to stand with it in praying for healing after Saturday's mass shooting at a Walmart left 20 dead and 26 wounded.
New Day Ministries International issued a seven-point intercessory petition in the aftermath, expressing gratitude to those standing with El Paso as it heals.
Founders Sam and Pam Faraone ask people to join New Day in praying:
- Life for 26 persons critically injured and hospitalized.
- Comfort and support for families of 20 deceased, including five children.
- Unity and anointing among churches in preaching the healing grace of Jesus.
- Specific strategies for rallying around law enforcement in its investigation.
- Unity and healing within the communities of El Paso.
- Failure of attempts to politicize the tragedy.
- An awakening within the nation as people turn to the Lord in brokenness over evil.
"It will take a long time to heal," reads New Day's prayer bulletin. It ends with, "much gratitude for each one who stands with El Paso as it heals."
The Faraones praise El Paso law enforcement. "One of the special things about El Paso is that the law-enforcement community is well known for being one of the most unified in the nation, with federal state, county and local agencies working extremely well together.
"When the heads of federal agencies rotate into El Paso, without exception, they are amazed at the cohesiveness of the law-enforcement community," New Day's prayer bulletin reads.
New Day was founded in 2011 by the Faraones. They can be reached by phone at (915) 474-4650.
Never miss another Spirit-filled news story again. Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Three Summer Deals from Charisma: