"This is a year of birthing and overcoming. One time, the Lord said He wanted me to praise Him for seven days. He told me, 'I want you to praise Me, because you don't know how to praise Me. I want you to praise Me, whether you feel like it or not.' So, for seven days, I praised Him, and I had the congregation join in. At the end of the seven days, Robert Heidler was ecstatic at what God had done. Linda Heidler said, 'I never could enter into worship. I was struggling, because I wanted a different worship dynamic.'
"I said, 'But God wanted us to praise! He didn't want us to come into some exaltation dynamic. He just wanted us to praise Him. Therefore, we will do it seven more days.' Well, at the end of that seven days, she was the biggest praiser we had!
"When my wife, Pam, and I were younger, we were sitting at a banquet at our Baptist church. One of the deacons said to her, 'You know, I really like you. I just don't like the way you worship and raise your hands.' She replied, 'Mr. Jones, God doesn't give a rip what you like. He didn't write the book around what you like. He wrote the book to give us a revelation of how to express Himself through us, so we could be like Him, not like you.'
"Pam could so freely say that because she had been delivered from her mentality of worship expression. She had not understood before this why I raised my hands in worship. She would say to me, 'Raising hands in worship is only in the Bible twice.' I had said to her, 'Well, who cares?' Then, all of a sudden, the Spirit of God fell on her. She threw her hands in the air and waved both hands, and God healed her. So, she could look at Mr. Jones that day and say, 'God didn't care what I liked. He didn't care what I thought. He didn't care that I had a narrow mentality of Him. He delivered me, and He can deliver you'" (Chuck Pierce).
"Through Him, then, let us continually offer to God the sacrifice of praise, which is the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name" (Heb. 13:15).
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- Praise the Lord through Psalm 148 below. Let your heart go to a new and fresh place of praise to our heavenly Father.
- Declare Psalm 148 again—over your city, state and the nation.
A prayer you can pray:
Praise the Lord!
Praise the Lord from the heavens;
praise Him in the heights.
Praise Him, all His angels;
praise Him, all His heavenly hosts.
Praise Him, sun and moon;
praise Him, all you stars of light.
Praise Him, you highest of heavens,
and you waters that are above the skies.
Let them praise the name of the Lord,
for He commanded, and they were created.
He has also established them forever and ever;
He has made a decree that shall not pass away.
Praise the Lord from the earth,
you great sea creatures, and all you depths,
fire and hail, snow and mist,
storming wind fulfilling His word,
mountains and all hills,
fruitful trees and all cedars;
animals and all cattle,
creeping things and flying birds;
kings of the earth and all peoples,
princes and all rulers of the earth;
both young men and maidens,
old men and children.
Let them praise the name of the Lord,
for His name alone is excellent;
His glory is above the earth and heaven.
He has raised up a victory horn for His people,
praise for all His saints,
even for the people of Israel near Him.
Praise the Lord! (Ps. 148).
Praise our worthy Father for all things across this set-apart country!
This article originally appeared at dutchsheets.org.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer