This Pentecost Sunday, June 9, get up early and spend a little time with the Morning Star of Pentecost.
On Pentecost Sunday, we celebrate the birthday of the church on the Jewish Feast day of Pentecost in A.D. 30. As a Jewish feast, Pentecost looked back to the giving of the law on Mount Sinai and, as a feast of First Fruits of Harvest (Exodus 34:22), looked forward to the Church as first fruits of the saved. Pentecost for the followers of Jesus brought the Holy Spirit, which wrote the law on their hearts (Jeremiah 31:33), with 3,000 saved that day (Acts 2:41). And the sign of the Holy Spirit was speaking in tongues (Acts 2:4).
In the revelation of Jesus in the stars, which we call the Star Bible, the outpouring of the Holy Spirit is represented by the constellation Aquarius ("the water bearer") The constellation pictures a man pouring water, representing the outpouring of the Holy Spirit on the Day of Pentecost (see John 7:37-39). Stars named Sadalsuud (the pourer out) and Sadalmalik (the record of the pouring out) confirm this understanding, while the star Meon (Urn) is always pictured as pouring out the water of the Holy Spirit.
Follow the outpoured water down to the next constellation, Pisces Austranis ("The Southern fish") for the rest of the story. We know that the fish is an ancient symbol of the believers, and the single fish of Pisces Austranis represents the Jewish believers who received the Holy Spirit and spoke in tongues at Pentecost in A.D. 30. The outpoured water of Aquarius flows down to the bright star Formalhaut ("the mouth of the Fish") in confirmation that the Holy Spirit flowed through the mouth, as the sign of the Holy Spirit was speaking in tongues. Thus, we may call Fomalhaut the Pentecostal Star.
Fomalhaut, the morning star of Pentecost, will be visible in the Southern sky in the hours before dawn on Pentecost Sunday. An hour before sunrise, the planet Venus (the seed of woman) which represents Jesus as the Bright Morning Star, will rise to join the Morning Star of Pentecost in the sky. This reminds us that the Holy Spirit leads us to Jesus (1 Corinthians 12:3).
So get up early on Pentecost Sunday for the morning star of Pentecost and the bright morning star. Pray for a new infilling of the Holy Spirit and a deeper revelation of Jesus.
Ron Allen is a Christian businessman, CPA and author who serves in local, national and international ministries, spreading a message of reconciliation to God, to men and between believers. He is founder of the International Star Bible Society, telling how the heavens declare the glory of God; the Emancipation Network, which helps people escape from financial bondage; and co-founder with his wife, Pat, of Corporate Prayer Resources, dedicated to helping intercessors.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details