I am urging you to pray for Shirley Boone, the wife of superstar Pat Boone.
Pat Boone is still a household name to much of the world. He is an American singer, composer, actor, writer, television personality, motivational speaker and spokesman. He was a successful pop singer in the United States during the 1950s and early 1960s. He sold more than 45 million records, had 38 top-40 hits and appeared in more than 12 Hollywood films. He had one of the most popular variety shows on TV, has been a best-selling author and has even had influence in the political world.
One of the biggest things Christians have celebrated him for is his unashamed stand for Christ. Something you may not know is how his wife, Shirley, leads a prayer ministry for God to touch the entertainment industry with His love and use it for His glory. This wasn't a little hope in her heart but a journey that has lasted sometimes weekly for over 55 years. Behind the scenes, the Boones have led some of the most famous people in entertainment and music to know Jesus as their Lord and Savior. Shirley and Pat have welcomed hundreds of people into their life and world and have been spiritual parents and gatekeepers in the entertainment industry. They have hosted more events, Bible studies and prayer meetings at their house than probably anyone else in Beverly Hills in history.
We are rallying prayer for Shirley, who was sent home by doctors two months ago for possible hospice. She has lived an amazing life with Pat and her children, grandchildren, and friends, but she has unfulfilled promises that she and all of us believe she has an opportunity to see.
I asked Pat if I could send out a cry for prayer on his behalf and he said: "Please do! We are expecting miracles ... that Jesus be glorified. So let everybody know the docs have given up except for home/hospice care, not believing Shirley can recover—she's on the way out—but we're believing Dr. Jesus makes house calls, and we start every day in worship and communion with the one in whom all things consist. Like Paul who let the Corinthians know he thought he was going to die .. .and he let them know many could rejoice because God heard their prayers for his complete recovery! Let's gang up on the devil. The very gates of hell can't defend against us!"
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.