There are three major events in the end times soon approaching. They may be summarized:
- Second Coming
The tribulation is a series of worldwide difficulties which culminate in an international attack on Israel (Matt. 24). The Second Coming occurs at the peak moment of that war when Jerusalem is about to be overwhelmed by enemy forces (Zech. 14). The millennium is the kingdom of God on earth for 1,000 years of peace and prosperity with Yeshua ruling as King (Rev. 20).
The term "tribulation" is connected to the time of Jacob's "trouble" in the Hebrew prophets (Jer. 30:7, Dan. 12:1). During this time there is not only difficulty but also revival, evangelism, supernatural protection, purification of the church and the restoration of Israel.
The Second Coming is a "last minute" intervention by Yeshua as commander of the armies of YHVH to defeat the forces of evil (Rev. 19). At that time, demons will be driven out, the dead of the first resurrection raised and true believers supernaturally "transported" to welcome Yeshua back to earth.
After this great war, the Messianic kingdom (millennium) will start. Jerusalem will be the political and spiritual capital of the world. The government will be led by Yeshua and those who will rule together with Him. There will be great peace, prosperity, and justice in this righteous society.
During the first century, there were also three main events (crucifixion, resurrection and Pentecost). Those three events took place on the three spring holy days (Passover, Omer and Weeks). It would be biblically logical, therefore, that the events of the end times will take place on the three autumn holy days (Trumpets, Atonement and Tabernacles).
We could summarize the connection of the autumn holy days and the end times:
- Trumpets = tribulation
- Atonement = Second Coming
- Tabernacles = millennium
The world political-economic-social situation is already leading up to these events. Yeshua compared this process to a woman in labor. The pains start out light with more time between them; and then they become more intense and more quickly placed (John 16:21).
It is urgent that we repent and strengthen our faith to be able to stand in victory during the times before us.
Asher Intrater is the founder and apostolic leader of Revive Israel Ministries and oversees Ahavat Yeshua congregation in Jerusalem and Tiferet Yeshua congregation in Tel Aviv. Asher was one of the founders of Tikkun International with Dan Juster and Eitan Shishkoff and serves on the board of the Messianic Alliance of Israel and Aglow International. He and his wife and full-time partner in ministry, Betty, have a passion for personal prayer and devotion, local evangelism and discipleship in Hebrew and unity of the body of believers worldwide.
This article originally appeared at reviveisrael.org.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details