Everyone is affected somewhere by pornography, abortion, sexual harassment, LGBQT, divorce, adultery, pedophilia, carnal entertainment, seductive advertising and so on. Pictures I don't even want to see seem to pop up and appear everywhere.
Everyone wants to do their own thing, but nobody wants someone else to do his or her thing to them. They say, "I have a right to do whatever I want." They don't ask, "What is the right thing to do?"
It seems to me there is only one way out of this moral confusion and sexual labyrinth: A man marries a woman; they love one another; they stay loyal to one another; they raise their children together; they teach their children to do the same.
It sounds kind of oversimplistic. Yet I've tried to think through all the myriad other possibilities, and none of them seem to work. Every other option causes enormous damage—emotionally, socially, physically, economically and morally:
God is called our "heavenly Father;" we are His children. Yeshua is called our heavenly bridegroom; we are His bride. We men should be loving fathers to our children and loving husbands to our wives.
Marriage and family only work when they are filled with this kind of gracious, generous, self-sacrificing love. Divine love can heal sexual deviance. Faith, marriage and family all seem to fit together into one picture that is both healthy and natural.
Wouldn't that just seem to make things work out okay?
Asher Intrater is the founder and apostolic leader of Revive Israel Ministries and oversees Ahavat Yeshua congregation in Jerusalem and Tiferet Yeshua congregation in Tel Aviv. Asher was one of the founders of Tikkun International with Dan Juster and Eitan Shishkoff and serves on the board of the Messianic Alliance of Israel and Aglow International. He and his wife and full-time partner in ministry, Betty, have a passion for personal prayer and devotion, local evangelism and discipleship in Hebrew and unity of the body of believers worldwide.
This article originally appeared at reviveisrael.org.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details