Recently, I was revisited with a vision I had of our nation in 1996:
Out of nowhere, came a vision of the Liberty Bell. My attention was naturally drawn to the crack in the bell. I felt in my spirit so grieved to feel how it seemed to signify such a deep fatal crack in the true liberty and freedom of our nation.
Could that breach ever be repaired?
Why wasn't at least the physical defect of the bell ever filled in with more metal? Would the bell's scar be prophetic, representing our nation's fatal epitaph—unchangeable like the Grand Canyon engraved into Arizona's landscape?
If only the crack were not there. I felt mesmerized by it. For the longest time, my eyes could not move, nor could my eyelids even blink.
Suddenly, Like a Dam Bursting
Then suddenly, as though in a twinkling of an eye, the brightest light pierced through that crack like a dam bursting. My head immediately turned away from the brightness emanating out of that crack. Instantly I had a knowing that this was the very shekinah glory of God.
From the Intercessions of God's People
Looking away from its brightness, I saw a large rope that was attached to the bell. This rope was intertwined and braided. It seemed to be made out of the prayers and intercessions of God's people. The hand of the Lord began to reach down toward this rope to get a hold of it.
The Lord then spoke, "This Liberty Bell is going to ring again."
I then remembered the words inscribed on that bell: "Proclaim LIBERTY throughout all the Land unto all the Inhabitants thereof." It was now a rhema word from God.
In the Spirit, I had a knowing that the Liberty Bell would be heard again spiritually throughout Philadelphia and across the nation. And with the sound of liberty, the shekinah glory of God would begin to rise up out of obscurity and be seen even in the gross, dark places of our nation. Concerning this vision, the Lord spoke, "Have My people forgotten that all things are possible?"
Tradition holds that the bell cracked while it was being rung during a funeral service in memory of a sheriff. Prophetically, it will ring again for the life and the glory of a King who still lives in our land.
Can you hear the bell ringing?
Bill Yount has been a member of Bridge of Life Church in Hagerstown, Maryland, for the past 40 years and is in leadership. He faithfully served in prison ministry at Mount Hope Inc. for 23 years and now travels full time, ministering in churches and Aglow circles. He is currently an adviser at large for Aglow International. Bill has authored several prophetic books. His latest book is Handfuls of Purpose. His prophetic email list is: billyountweekly.com. Visit Bill's website at billyount.com.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details