The North Korean regime has been one of the most brutal of our generation. The worst brutality has been focused on the suffering evangelical Christian community. The potential for change is enormous, as well as the potential for deception.
Here are a few scriptural guidelines for prayer (without any particular political assumptions):
- God's will to be done on earth as in heaven – Matthew 6:10
- Righteousness and justice to flow down – Amos 5:24
- Trump and Kim to be directed by God's hand – Proverbs 21:1
- Demonic deception to be uncovered – 2 Corinthians 2:11
- Punishment to be meted out to criminal and cruel agents – Romans 13:4
- Persecuted Christians and all innocent people to be set free – Exodus 5:1
- Unjust leaders to be removed and just leaders to be raised up – Daniel 4:17
- Christians in North and South Korea to be united – John 17:21
- Right thinking and decisions for Trump – 2 Corinthians 10:4-5
- Ending the worship of the Kim family as demi-gods – Exodus 20:2
- Opening heavens and releasing angelic armies – Revelation 19:11-14
- World mission and evangelism to come out of Korea – 1 Timothy 2:4
- International community moved closer to true peace – Isaiah 2:1-4
This is an urgent moment of intercession for all who desire righteousness. Let's pray now, pray hard (James 5:17), pray in agreement (Matt. 18:19), and pray with authority (Eph. 2:6).
Asher Intrater is the founder and apostolic leader of Revive Israel Ministries and oversees Ahavat Yeshua congregation in Jerusalem and Tiferet Yeshua congregation in Tel Aviv. Asher was one of the founders of Tikkun International with Dan Juster and Eitan Shishkoff and serves on the board of the Messianic Alliance of Israel and Aglow International. He and his wife and full-time partner in ministry, Betty, have a passion for personal prayer and devotion, local evangelism and discipleship in Hebrew and unity of the body of believers worldwide.
This article originally appeared at reviveisrael.org.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Help Charisma stay strong for years to come as we report on life in the Spirit. Become an integral part of Charisma’s work by joining Charisma Media Partners. Click here to keep us strong!