Everywhere you turn, the world has a message for the women of today. Social media, fashion magazines, TV shows, billboards and movies use different words and images to convey the same message:
If you are truly a modern woman, if you are truly a successful woman, you must strive for physical perfection, professional success and independence.
However, if you are a mother who is investing time in caring for your kids, making them your life, then the world tries to make you believe you are settling for less. Children or family life hardly fit into the equation for success.
Despite what the world may tell women today, the Bible has the true message of a woman's worth: God has elevated the position of womanhood and given every woman a place of honor and respect in the Christian home.
In Proverbs, God gives us a model of true womanhood for every woman, married or single.
The woman described in Proverbs 31 is a woman of inestimable value: "Who can find a virtuous woman? For her worth is far above rubies" (v. 10). In verses 30 and 31, this chapter tells us a woman's value is not in her looks: "Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised. Give her of the fruit of her hands, and let her own works praise her in the gates."
Throughout the Bible, we find the narratives of godly women who God used to write the course of history—and they were by no means weak. Deborah was a prophet, warrior and the fourth judge of Israel in the book of Judges. Sarah was the mother of the entire nation of Israel in Genesis. Rahab, once a prostitute, was a vital agent of Israel's conquest over Jericho as detailed in the book of Joshua, and ultimately a part of the bloodline of Christ as we see later in the book of Matthew.
In essence, the godly and redeemed Christian woman—married or single, no matter what her past was like—is a precious treasure.
What makes you valuable as a woman? It is your godliness and virtue. When you are a Christ-centered, Spirit-filled woman committed to following Jesus Christ, you will be the godly woman God desires you to be.
In contrast to the world's view that your value is based upon your outward beauty, independence and professional success, God says your value is based upon the ageless inner beauty of your Christlike character and how you serve Him.
No one is more charming, more beautiful, than a woman who glows with the glory and the presence of God.
That is true womanhood at its best.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details