Here are three significant prophecies of the outpouring of the Holy Spirit in the end times. Two have to do with revival, one with judgment. "I will pour out on the house of David and over those dwelling in Jerusalem a spirit of favor and supplication so that they look to Me, whom they have pierced through" (Zech. 12:10).
In this astounding Messianic prophecy, the same One who says "I" will pour out the Spirit, also says, they will look upon "Me." The One who pours out the Spirit is the same as the One who was pierced.
This prophecy refers to a spirit of revelation that will give the people of Israel understanding that the One we pierced (crucified) is indeed the divine savior, Yeshua the Messiah.
The second is similar but more global: "'In the last days it shall be,' says God, 'that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh ... I will pour out My Spirit" (Acts 2:17a, 18b).
Peter quotes the prophet Joe, as he explains the baptism of the Holy Spirit and fire on Pentecost morning. He seems to be indicating that there will be a similar outpouring of the Holy Spirit in the end times, yet much wider in scope.
The outpouring in Jerusalem described by Zechariah is part of the promise that "All Israel will be saved" (Rom. 11:26a). The people of Israel receive revelation about Yeshua, resulting in a sweep of salvation across the nation. The revival in Israel is connected to the world-wide revival. "I will pour out My spirit on all flesh ..." is parallel to "I will pour out on the house of David..."
At the end of the end times, seven angels are instructed to pour out seven golden bowls of punishment from God: "Go, pour out the bowls of the wrath of God on the earth" (Rev. 16:1).
These bowls of wrath are actually evidence of the grace of God, as it is the last warning before the judgment of the lake of fire. The bowls of wrath are extreme measures in a last effort to save those who are headed toward eternal punishment.
The same Holy Spirit empowers the saints, draws sinners to repentance and brings judgment upon the wicked. Tribulation and revival occur simultaneously. Both the compassion of God and His holiness are openly displayed to the world.
Asher Intrater is the founder and apostolic leader of Revive Israel Ministries and oversees Ahavat Yeshua congregation in Jerusalem and Tiferet Yeshua congregation in Tel Aviv. Asher was one of the founders of Tikkun International with Dan Juster and Eitan Shishkoff and serves on the board of the Messianic Alliance of Israel and Aglow International. He and his wife and full-time partner in ministry, Betty, have a passion for personal prayer and devotion, local evangelism and discipleship in Hebrew and unity of the body of believers worldwide.
This article originally appeared at reviveisrael.org.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details