Jesus came to restore things on earth to God's plan. He talked about this in Matthew 16 where he said, "I will build my church and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it (Matt. 16:18b). When He said, "build," he used the Greek word for "family." It's not the word for "building a structure." It's the word for "building a family." It means "to create a lineage or household or a family". When Jesus chose that word, He was basically saying, "I've come to get the family back!" He was saying, "I've come to reverse the fall (of man recorded in Genesis) and, so that Satan won't have the last word; I have come to redeem. The plan that I established from the beginning will be fulfilled! I'm here to get the family back!"
"This is why I have called you Peter (rock): for on this rock I will build My church. The church will reign triumphant even at the gates of hell." (Matt. 16:18; VOICE).
Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:
- God wants a family, and the church is His delegated family in the earth today. Let this sink in a minute. Think about everything Jesus has done in the power of the Holy Spirit to begin restoring God's family to the Father.
- Agree with Holy Spirit and tell the enemy, "God wants His family back! God's getting His family back! Every single individual who will receive Him is coming into His Family!"
- Call out every person by name that you know that needs to come into the family of God.
- Ask God to use you to be an instrument of reconciliation of future family members with their Holy Father.
A prayer you can pray:
Father, this is a powerful revelation Of course You want Your family back—every single person Satan has tried to keep from you since the fall of man. Jesus, give me fresh revelation as I ponder the tremendous cost You paid to restore us to that heavenly family. This is what the church is in the earth—the restored family. Satan, God wants His family back. He's going to get every single one who will receive Jesus as Savior back into His family. Lord, I call ____ (name everyone you know who needs to be saved) into Your family. Make me an instrument of reconciliation, Jesus. I want my whole family together with me, fulfilling the heart of the Father to have His family back. In Jesus' Name. Amen.
God's getting His family back!
Dutch Sheets is an internationally recognized author, teacher and conference speaker. He travels extensively, empowering believers for passionate prayer and societal transformation. Dutch has pastored, taught in several colleges and seminaries and served on the board of directors of numerous organizations. Dutch's greatest passion is to see America experience a sweeping revival and return to its godly heritage. He burns to see people find God's "dream" for them and tap into their destiny. Dutch is a messenger of hope for America, encouraging believers to contend for awakening in our day and reformation in our lifetime. Dutch has written more than 20 books, many of which have been translated into over 30 languages. His international bestseller, Intercessory Prayer, has sold nearly 1 million copies worldwide.
This article originally appeared at dutchsheets.org.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.