We hear counterfeit gospels preached across our land every day—in the media, in schools and even in churches. There is a desperate need for Christians to know and to understand biblical truth because the best way to identify a counterfeit is to be intimately acquainted with the genuine article.
Biblical truth compels people from "every tribe and language and people and nation" (Rev. 5:9) to accept the gospel of Jesus Christ—that Jesus alone is the way, the truth and the life and that no one comes to the Father but by Him (see John 14:6).
The true gospel acknowledges that Jesus is God of very God who existed with the Father in heaven before His incarnation. He died for the sin of all those who believe in Him and surrender to His authority. Jesus rose from the dead and appeared before hundreds of people in Israel. Jesus ascended to the right hand of the Father, and He is coming back to judge every human being. That's biblical orthodoxy—and anything that denies these truths is counterfeit.
Our call as followers of Christ is to love our enemies. Scripture tells us that people will be offended when we live and preach the gospel. Jesus hung on the cross for preaching the gospel, and we can expect no greater favor than He received (see John 15:20). He warned us that the gospel would divide families and nations (see Luke 12:51-53), so we must never give in to the temptation to be silent or soft about the truth.
Knowing biblical truth and living like it matters is imperative. When you come into the presence of God, open His Word and ask Him to show you His truth. He is faithful.
Prayer: God, show me Your truth so that I might live and speak it and be able to identify counterfeits. Give me the courage to stand firm on Your true Word. I pray in the name of Jesus. Amen.
"Now, brothers, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which you have received, and in which you stand. Through it you are saved, if you keep in memory what I preached to you, unless you have believed in vain" (1 Cor. 15:1-2).
This article originally appeared on Leading The Way.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details