Today, we are surrounded by a culture that is constantly attacking God's plan for marriage and family life. The Lord Jesus Christ addressed this crisis in Matthew 19.
Some Pharisees came to Jesus and said, "Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any reason?" (v. 3). Instead of giving them the grounds for divorce, Jesus gave them the grounds for marriage:
"He answered, 'Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning "made them male and female," and said, ""For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh" So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no man put asunder'" (Matt. 19:4-6).
When we consider the crisis in our families and marriages today, what should be the response of a Bible-believing church? I believe our response is to trumpet loudly and without fear or hesitation what Jesus said in Matthew 19 and what God the Father said in Genesis 2: that marriage belongs to God's created order. From the beginning, the Creator made them male and female. It is not up to us to mess around with this holy union.
Prayer: Father, I pray that You would forgive our nation for what we have done to the institution of marriage. Help me to stand up for what You have put in place and to be a powerful picture of what a Christ-centered family should look like. I pray in the name of Jesus. Amen.
"... for Adam there was not found a helper suitable for him. ... Then the rib which the lord God had taken from man, He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man" (Gen. 2:20c, 22).
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer