Nike funds the Population Council, an international nonprofit organization that supports abortion, according to the council's website. The council conducts biomedical, social science and public health research plus helps build research capacities in developing countries.
One-third of its research relates to HIV and AIDS. The other major program areas include reproductive health, poverty, youth and gender. The Population Council "offers policymakers and healthcare providers the evidence they need to help communities implement safer abortion and post-abortion care practices, increase positive health-seeking behavior and reduce stigma."
Plus, Nike is involved with Planned Parenthood. Fortune magazine reported on July 13, 2015, "Nike matches its employees' contributions to the regional Planned Parenthood affiliate in Oregon but didn't specify the sum."
Nike matches gifts to the Susan G. Komen New York City and Minnesota chapters which fund Planned Parenthood, according to each chapter's website.
Nike is an American multinational corporation headquartered near Beaverton, Oregon, in the Portland metro area. Nike is one of the world's largest suppliers of athletic shoes, apparel and sports equipment, with revenue in excess of $24.1 billion in fiscal year 2012.
Nike employs more than 44,000 people worldwide. The Nike brand is the most valuable brand among sports businesses, valued at $19 billion. Many professional athletes have contracts with Nike to promote their shoes.
Nike was the provider of uniforms and products for the Olympic Games in Rio. Nike also supports the LGBT agenda, going so far as to have an ad promoting transgenders during the Olympics.
Nike supports USA Track & Field with a 23-year deal worth $500 million. Many complain this deal will basically allow Nike to control USA Track & Field for years.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details