This weekend, with Christmas just around the corner, SNL released three aptly timed and culturally relevant sketches. As per usual, the videos glorified Obama, bashed Trump and intimated that catastrophe will strike on January 21.
The first sketch, titled "Jingle Barack," bid a festive and nostalgic farewell to Mr. Obama. "It's been a dope eight years, but now we got one last Christmas with Barack Obama," sang Chance the Rapper and SNL regular Kenan Thompson.
Further lyrics included such gems as: "Kids enjoy the presents while you can, 'cause next year you might get a bomb from Iran" and "Look ma'am, we got birth control under the tree, and we're stuffing every stocking with legal weed."
The rappers suggested that following Trump's inauguration, immigration would be banned, gay marriage prohibited and the North Pole utterly melted. In the height of hyperbole, Chance even declared: "There'll probably never be another Christmas Eve."
"Democrat," hip-hop dancing Jesus and Leslie Jones, who rapped out her weakness for Joe Biden, also made cameo appearances in the 1980s-themed sketch.
In the second video, titled "Hillary Actually," Kate McKinnon performed her usual role as Hillary Clinton. As a spoof of an iconic scene from the Christmas film Love Actually, McKinnon knocked on a woman's door and held up a series of signs with messages for her.
"I know you're an elector," one read. "And on December 19th you're supposed to vote for Donald Trump ... but [expletive], he cray." After listing many issues she had with the President-elect, McKinnon suggested Russia was responsible for Clinton's loss. Then, encouraging the elector to vote for anyone but Trump, she revealed a $1000 check to recoup the woman's losses from the fine she would incur by not voting for the President-elect.
To round out the doomsday theme of SNL's Christmas programming, McKinnon's Clinton concluded: "But keep in mind, if Donald Trump becomes president, he will kill us all."
"Donald Trump Christmas"
In the final video, Donald Trump, played by Alec Baldwin, got a visit from Vladimir Putin, who gifted the president-elect a suspicious elf toy to keep on the shelf next to his Internet router. When Baldwin confessed he did not have a gift for Putin, the latter declared, "Please, Mr. Trump, you are the gift."
Eventually, Secretary of State nominee Rex Tillerson entered the room, delighted to see "Pootie," with whom he engaged in a secret handshake and alarming conversation about Russian oil wells.
After Baldwin expressed confusion about the Russia discussion, it became clear that Putin and Tillerson considered Trump to be a dumb puppet. While they discussed foreign policy, he was fixated on destroying Vanity Fair—"a terrible publication."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details