Just days before Planned Parenthood's 100th anniversary, a conservative corporate watchdog released an updated list of companies that fund America's largest abortion provider.
Last year, 2ndVote made headlines in conservative news for revealing Planned Parenthood's corporate donors after undercover videos exposed the abortion giant's harvesting of aborted baby parts. 2ndVote updated that list, which includes names like Nike and Starbucks, last week in time for Planned Parenthood's big anniversary on Sunday, Oct. 16.
It's unlikely that the liberal media—which boast strong ties to Planned Parenthood and have been instructed to cover for Planned Parenthood—will publicize the funding of the controversial abortion giant. (Although they have published lists targeting supposedly "anti-gay" companies like Chick-fil-A.)
In addition to 37 companies that directly fund Planned Parenthood, 2ndVote lists 200 companies that "have supported third-party groups that fund Planned Parenthood." Those companies include CBS and NBC Universal.
Corporate donors make a difference. Planned Parenthood receives $1.3 billion in yearly revenue, and of that, "over 25 percent comes from private donations, including corporate contributions," according to 2ndVote. (Never mind the $553.7 million from the government.)
Here are the 37 companies that directly fund Planned Parenthood:
- American Express
- Bank of America
- Bath & Body Works
- Ben & Jerry's
- Deutsche Bank
- Fannie Mae
- Johnson & Johnson
- La Senza
- Levi Strauss
- Liberty Mutual
- March of Dimes
- Morgan Stanley
- Progressive Insurance
- Susan G. Komen
- United Way
- Wells Fargo
Since last summer, two companies are no longer listed: American Cancer Society and AT&T. Boeing was added to the list.
2ndVote, a self-described "conservative watchdog for corporate activism" launched in 2013, aims to "expose the corporate influence on major policy decisions" in order to "turn the tide on the attacks on conservative values and principles."
Executive Director Lance Wray told MRC Culture that his organization "researches and publishes only hard and reliable data."
"It scours over public records, official corporate reports, and other indicia of corporate sponsorships and public endorsements to which 2ndVote cites within its findings," he added, and also pointed to tax returns and information found on corporate websites.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details