"When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; but when the wicked rule, the people mourn" (Prov. 29:2).
Pastor Shane Idleman uses this verse to highlight exactly why the church needs to talk about politics from the pulpit.
"What cracks me up about this topic—politics in the pulpit—is the gospel permeates every area of our lives," Idleman says in a recent sermon. "So to remove things like abortion, gay marriage, the direction of our nation, to say, 'Oh no, these don't matter, we just need to talk about the gospel.' Yeah, the gospel's our primary focus but ... "
Watch the video to see the rest.
Shane Idleman is the founder and lead pastor of Westside Christian Fellowship in Southern California. More can be found at ShaneIdleman.com, and free downloads of his books are available at WCFAV.org. Visit him on Facebook and subscribe to his new podcast.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.