Mr. Loops, a New York based children's entertainer, is trying to teach kids about acceptance through current events. In other words, he's singing potty propaganda.
In a new, catchy music video, Mr. Loops, his wife and animal puppets dance in front of bathroom stalls, teaching kids that "pee is pee, poo is poo, me is me and you is you." According to LGBTQ Nation contributor Jeff Taylor, the song "explains bathrooms and bigots in the best possible way."
"No matter your gender, we gotta remember, it all comes out the same in the end. Everyone needs a place, to go where they feel safe," croons Mr. Loops, his wife smiling by his side. "We gotta respect each other."
Apparently, the irony of safety and respect are lost on the clownish couple. In a time where media coverage of sexual assault is so high, the logical disconnect is mind-boggling.
"Portapotties are a potty everybody shares, so are potties inside our houses, and nobody cares," the song continues. "All we gotta do is use our common sense and then, we can solve our problems while remaining friends."
A couple of problems here. Portapotties and domestic bathrooms have always been solo. Always. No one takes issue with individual gender neutral bathrooms.
Second, to what end does Mr. Loops' common sense take him? He certainly doesn't articulate it here, but one thing is clear. Mr. Loops isn't a fool. Catchy beats and dancing animals are a great way to brainwash children. "I imagined kids and families singing [the song] and laughing," he explained to Taylor, "all the while instilling a sense of acceptance and awareness to this 'issue.'"
Sarah Stites is a writer and research analyst for MRC Culture.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details