Goosebumps prickled my skin as I immediately recognized the presence of the Holy Spirit in my home. What surprised me, though, was how He entered: through my computer screen.
Hillsong: Let Hope Rise is the first successful attempt I've seen to tell the story behind people and the answer is genuinely God.
Due out Sept. 16, Hillsong: Let Hope Rise follows the members of Hillsong United, the band birthed from the Australian megachurch. The documentary shows the ins and outs of the lives of traveling musicians, but they aren't rock stars; they're missionaries.
I heard of their music much earlier than I learned of Brian Houston and his church, which proves their vision statement of "Our city and beyond" has come to fruition.
"We're the biggest band you've never heard of," one of the members joked. And he's right.
Admittedly, tears uncontrollably streamed down my face as I heard "Mighty to Save," a song I've known since high school, sung in different languages. This, I thought, really is the next great move of God.
The Holy Spirit is evident as these men and women write songs, record music, spend time with their families and move about town. He fuels their callings, even those who don't travel. What's more, He can be felt by anyone so much as watching the documentary. I was alone in my home and keenly aware He was there.
"We're best when we're broken," vocalist Joel Houston says at one point in Let Hope Rise. And he's right, as Jesus is close to the broken-hearted, and when we are weak, He is made strong, which is the ultimate goal of praise.
Let Hope Rise proves worship is a unifying experience among believers. Hillsong United's lyrics allow Christians to place their own hearts within the songs and cry out to God in a way that feels personal. The documentary shows that this is not a perfected formula, but the heartbeat of the band.
The band mirrors Jesus to a point of conviction for the viewer, and the film could be the push we need to really focus on Christ as we seek to advance the kingdom.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details