Insecurity relegates you to a small, insignificant place with other scared people.
But confidence in your identity will help you to draw other champions around you so that you can together, collaboratively, conquer the promised lands.
1. Spend a lot of their time comparing themselves to others.
2. Fear strong, gifted people.
3. Are only able to feel comfortable around people who need them.
4. Need to control everyone in their world.
5. Build cases against people in their minds to feel better about themselves.
6. Take people's compliments of others as an insult to themselves.
7. Think "me" instead of "us."
8. Are overly self-conscious.
9. Live in conflict all the time.
1. Celebrate others.
2. Are comfortable around gifted, powerful people.
3. Love empowering people.
4. Spend a lot of time thinking about the destiny of others.
5. See themselves as a catalyst to the destiny of others.
6. Love themselves and are comfortable with who they are.
7. Are vulnerable about their weaknesses, flaws and constraints.
8. Enjoy seeing others honored.
9. Live in peace.
If you see yourself among the insecure, here are a few things you should do:
1. Take a 30-minute vacation and ask Jesus what He thinks about you.
2. Record His insights into your life and meditate on them.
3. Search the Scriptures for verses about your identity in Christ, and write them on your bathroom mirror. Repeat them as you are getting ready in the morning.
4. Take a 40-day journey through the life of the people around you. Record at least three strengths of everyone who is regularly in your world. This will help change the way you think about others. You will get in the habit of looking for gold.
5. Tell a few close friends about your flaws and your fears. Practice being transparent; it will deliver you from shame.
6. Take time to consciously imagine the best about two people who intimidate you.
7. Forgive yourself for any past failure. Remind yourself that you may have failed, but you are not a failure.
8. Invest in anyone you are jealous of. Then their victory will be your victory.
9. Write down 50 things you are thankful for.
10. Write a short note to five people you appreciate in your life.
If you do these things for 40 straight days, it will deliver you from the land of insecurity.
Kris Vallotton is author of the Basic Training for the Prophetic Ministry curriculum and the senior associate leader of Bethel Church in Redding, California, where he has served with Bill Johnson for three decades. He has written 11 books, including the best-selling The Supernatural Ways of Royalty and Spirit Wars. His prophetic insight and humorous delivery make him a sought-after international conference speaker. Kris is also the co-founder and senior overseer of Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry, which has grown to more than 2,000 full-time students, as well as the founder of Moral Revolution, an organization dedicated to cultural transformation. He has appeared on numerous media outlets, including The 700 Club. Kris and his wife, Kathy, live in Redding, California. Connect with Kris at: kvministries.com or on Facebook at facebook.com/kvministries.
For the original article, visit krisvallotton.com.
Never miss another Spirit-filled news story again. Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Three Summer Deals from Charisma: