Our final meeting here in Lusaka, Zambia, came to a climax as the crowd grew from 150,000 from one night to 250,000 the next! I mention these numbers because they say something about the dynamics in the city. This can only happen when Jesus is touching people in dramatic ways. They are talking about it everywhere and the nation is buzzing!
Not only did the hundreds of thousands on the field hear the gospel through the week, but Radio Christian Voice broadcast the meetings live all across the country. The gospel was heard in Kitwe, Livingstone, Ndola, Solwezi and beyond!
Testimonies have been flooding in of people's lives touched in so many different ways, like this one from a man named James:
"I have never felt closer to God than this. After attending the crusade for three days and when Evangelist Daniel Kolenda taught about people and the gift of the Holy Spirit being for them and their children as prophesied by Joel, the following happened to me: I spoke in strange tongues. I've never experienced this before because I spoke a foreign language fluently ... ."
Here's another testimony by a man named Musonda: "My faith is at a different level thanks to you, feel like preaching the gospel to whoever I meet ... I experienced God's love at a whole new level. I feel He is much closer than before."
Leya said, "Thank God I was there and got baptized in the Holy Spirit. I experienced the presence of the Holy Spirit like never before. It was an amazing experience. To God be the glory!"
Sunday, after I preached the gospel, I asked evangelist Scott Lee to pray for the sick and we heard wonderful testimonies of healing. A woman with an issue of blood for 10 years was healed. A crippled man got out of his wheelchair. Many people with different kinds of pain were healed. A man with HIV AIDS received prayer earlier in the week and went to the doctor for another test. Tonight he brought two test results—one from earlier that said, "HIV POSITIVE" and one from after prayer that said, "HIV NEGATIVE."
The Lord has surely heard and answered our prayers. Zambia will never be the same again. I'm heading back to Orlando where we are holding our School of Evangelism all week. We are already looking forward to being back in Africa in a few weeks—this time in Blantyre, Malawi.
Daniel Kolenda is a missionary evangelist who has led more than 10 million people to Christ face-to-face through massive, open-air evangelistic campaigns in some of the most dangerous, difficult and remote locations on earth. He is president and CEO of Christ for All Nations and hosts an internationally syndicated television program.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details