Addressing what is the most culturally-divisive issue of the day—even among Christians—Living Waters Publications will release its newest film, Audacity, online June 24, along with bonus features and special materials.
Starring Travis Owens (Friday Night Lights), Molly Ritter (Atrophy, Madison) and Ben Price (Australia's Got Talent), Audacity explores the conflict between Christians and homosexuality using both a thought-provoking plot and real and unscripted street interviews conducted by Ray Comfort.
Audacity follows the struggle of Peter (Travis Owens) as he is confronted with the tension between the cultural acceptance of homosexuality and what the Bible says is true. While trying to live out his Christian beliefs, he finds that there are a lot of uncomfortable questions he has to answer. But acting out of love for his friends and even strangers, Peter is able to live out the values of the Bible and show others the courage it takes to follow the Bible when its teachings are not popular. Viewers will find Audacity to be culturally relevant but boldly sticking to its biblical principles.
"A non-Christian recently questioned how any Christian could possibly stay true to the Bible and not be 'homophobic,'" Comfort said. "After working on Audacity for more than a year, I think we have (by the grace of God) done precisely that."
Comfort continued with this story: "I invited an outspoken atheist friend to a prescreening and without any provocation, he said, 'Unlike most Christian films, it is far from cheesy, and has a great, well-acted script. Most of all it is not heavy-handed, showing the Christian position on homosexuality without being intimidating or angry. Well done!'"
The filmmakers have also been encouraged to win two awards and to have Audacity enthusiastically commended by men such as Alex Kendrick (Fireproof) and Ken Ham (Answers in Genesis).
"I think this movie is going to dumbfound a skeptical world by showing how uncompromising Christianity can indeed demonstrate uncompromising love," Comfort concluded.
Audacity is the fifth film produced by Living Waters Publications, a biblical evangelism media company led by Founder and CEO Ray Comfort. It will release through the film's website at audacitymovie.com.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details