Today, we continue to urge the U.S. government to do all within its power to bring home American Pastor Saeed Abedini who is wrongfully imprisoned in Iran for his Christian faith.
In the wake of President Obama's announcement that a framework for a deal with Iran has been reached on nuclear negotiations, it is critical that our government use this unique opportunity—as our two nations continue to sit at the negotiating table over the next few weeks and months—to bring Pastor Saeed and the other wrongfully imprisoned Americans home to their families.
Secretary of State John Kerry addressed the issue following the announcement that a framework for a deal with Iran had been reached:
And finally, with respect to our citizens, we of course have had a number of conversations, and no meeting, no date when we come together has been without conversation about our American citizens. I'm not going to go into any details except to say to you that that conversation is continuing. We have a very specific process in place to try to deal with it, and we call on Iran again, today, now, in light of this to release these Americans and let them get home with their families. And we are working on that and we will continue to be very focused on it.
Pastor Saeed's wife, Nahgmeh, said it best:
As Secretary Kerry stated, the United States and Iran continue to talk about the release of Saeed and the other Americans held captive in Iran. It is the hope of our family that Saeed and the others are released and returned to their families. President Obama has told our family that he considers securing the freedom of Saeed to be a "top priority" and I continue to take him at his word. As we prepare to celebrate Easter, I want to thank the many people around the country and the world who are continuing to pray for Saeed's release.
Pastor Saeed—a U.S. citizen—deserves to be home with his wife and two young children. For over 920 days, he has been wrongfully held, simply because he is a Christian. He is suffering intense pain from prison beatings.
We continue fighting across the globe for his freedom—at the United Nations, in Congress and with the State Department.
Join our international effort, and sign our petition (below and) at beheardproject.com, urging the Obama administration not to leave him behind.
It's time for Pastor Saeed to come home.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details