On Jan. 17 Sound Vision Foundation, a Chicago-based 501 (C) 3 organization held a "Stand With the Prophet" event in Garland, Texas, a suburb outside of Dallas, at the Curtis Culwell Center on Independent School District property. The event, permitted by the Superintendent of Public Schools, launched a Strategic Communication Center for Muslims to advocate censoring and criminalizing non-Muslim speech.
Sound Vision asks: "Frustrated with Islamophobes defaming the Prophet? Remember the Danish cartoons defaming the Prophet? Or the anti-Islam film, Innocence of Muslims?"
After Muslim "defenders of Muhammad" recently murdered 16 people in Paris, and continue to persecute millions of Christians and non-Muslims worldwide, Sound Vision expressed its commitment to "defending Muhammad."
They claim: "This is not an event. It is the beginning of a movement. A movement to defend the Prophet Muhammad, his person, and his message." They assert "attacks" against Muslims stem from "media defamation" of their religion and that "Islamophobia is causing problems all around the world."
Featured speakers included John Esposito, head of the Saudi-funded Alwaleed bin Talal Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding at Georgetown University and Siraj Wahhaj, an unindicted co-conspirator in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing and close friend of the bombing's mastermind Omar Abdel Rahman.
Watch a video here, in which reporters from several news organizations were denied access to the event, discriminated against because of their faith or last name, despite having purchased tickets in advance. At the 2:37-minute mark in the video, Alia Salem, the Executive Director for CAIR's Dallas/Ft. Worth chapter (who was responsible for dealing with the media) claims ignorance as to why certain reporters were denied access. She did not offer a solution or resolve the issue.
CAIR was recently designated as a terrorist organization by the United Arab Emirates. Its director supports Hamas, violence against Israel and justifies suicide bombings.
"Drive by media" mislabeled the event as a "peace conference," selectively omitting Sound Vision's efforts to censor First Amendment rights.
To be clear, Islam was never—and is still not—a peaceful ideology.
Islamic ideology is: "freedomphobic," "Christianphobic," "homophobic" and anti-Semitic.
"Moderate" Muslims have always been and continue to be irrelevant.
"Moderation" ineffectively defended or prevented atrocities committed by "radicals." As Marco Polo reportedly said in the 13th century, "the militant Muslim is the person who beheads the Infidel, while the moderate Muslim holds the feet of the victim."
The European Court on Human Rights has ruled more than once that Sharia law is "incompatible with the fundamental principles of democracy." The Supreme Court and the Constitution make clear: Speech that incites violence is a crime; and financially and/or materially aiding and/or harboring those determined to destroy America is treason.
In light of this, questions remain unanswered by Texas state legislators, county officials and the Independent School District:
- Why did you allow public school property to be used by a self-identifying religious nonprofit organization with ties to terrorism?
- Do you support discrimination of Jews and Christians?
- Do you support censorship and restraint of a free press by preventing access to an event on public school property?
Unanswered questions remain for others as well:
Where is the ACLU advocating for the protection of free speech and prohibition of hate speech?
Where are the feminists and human rights groups protesting and demanding protection and justice for girls from:
- Fathers who kill them and/or force them into child marriage,
- Parents who cut out their clitoris and outer parts of their vagina against their will, in unsanitary conditions without antibiotics or pain medication,
- Imams who marry them under Sharia Law—even for one hour—to justify what the West defines as prostitution and pedophilia,
- Husbands who are encouraged by the Quran to beat and rape their wives,
- Sharia law that dictates they have half the legal rights of men and no access to education?
Where are Houston's lesbian mayor and other gays protesting against a group that demands they be killed for being gay?
Where is the same-sex marriage lobby, the DOJ, ACLU, IRS and SPLC demanding that these organizations lose their 5013c status because they oppose all legal rights to discriminate based on sexual and religious orientation?
Where are the Jews, of whom many live in the Dallas area, demanding these organizations be classified as hate groups because they openly claim to destroy the Jewish race?
Where are the "moderate Muslims" protesting against religious intolerance?
One week later, this past Saturday, I met protestors at a prayer event held at LSU's Pete Maravich Center a few hours away in Baton Rouge. Protestors held signs implying Christians were intolerant, ignorant, stupid and crazy to believe in and pray to God—despite the fact that Gov. Jindal invited them to pray and sing with everyone inside, to which they declined.
The purpose of The Response was inclusion, not exclusion. It was not about others, or placing blame—but on acknowledging the Christian community's complacency and responsibility for creating the desperate state America is in. It was a time devoted to finding solutions to help those in need, foster racial reconciliation and restore broken families.
In this vein, a little girl prayed, "Lord please let those who don't have families, in particular the orphans, Lord, please forgive us for not paying attention to their needs. Guide us to help them. Please let your angels charge over them."
The spirits of these two events could not have been more opposite. Protestors in Louisiana were like those shining brass on a sinking ship. Appearing completely unaware that their right to protest, to be gay, to not be Muslim, is non-existent in Muslim countries and would be non-existent in America under Sharia law.
Gay, free speech advocates and Christian-haters were at the wrong event. Which is why the question for all Americans is: What will it take for people to realize that they are shining brass on a sinking boat instead of being part of the solution, offering life boats and preserving freedom?
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details