Blow the trumpet ... sound the alarm ... for the day of the Lord is coming. It is close at hand. ... Rend your heart and not your garments. Return to the Lord your God... Joel 2:1,13
While at home caring for my husband, I have had time to be quiet and listen more to the whispers of the Spirit. He has revealed things to me in the stillness that I'm not sure I would have heard in my former busyness. One of the things He has impressed on me is that we are living at the end of human history as we know it. In light of this, He has given me some practical assignments. One was to be the Honorary Chair for the National Day of Prayer 2014 this past May. He gave me the message I was to deliver, which was from Joel 1: The Day of the Lord is at hand. It was a message warning of judgment that is coming.
Just recently, He has given me another assignment, which is to call His people in our nation to prayer.
This assignment came indirectly from a Syrian pastor through a National Day of Prayer attendee. In obedience, I am blowing the trumpet, sounding the alarm, and issuing a national prayer initiative entitled 7 7 7: An Urgent Call to Prayer. The call is for God's people to pray for each of the first seven days in the seventh month—July 1-7. Then on the seventh day, July 7, we are to pray and fast for seven hours.
The purpose is threefold:
- For God the Father to restrain, protect and deliver His people from the evil that has come into our world.
- For God the Son to be exalted, magnified and glorified in His church, in our nation and in our lives.
- For God the Holy Spirit to fall on us in a fresh way, compelling the church to repent of sin and our nation to return to faith in the living God, resulting in a great national spiritual awakening.
For those who sign up, I will provide a prayer for each of the seven days to help unite us in one spirit and one voice as we cry out to God. You can sign up for the daily email prayers on annegrahamlotz.com that will help give focus to our worship, repentance and intercession.
I'm urging you to participate, as well as send out word to everyone on your email list, or who follows you on Facebook or Twitter. Please help pass the word.
God's people need to pray before it's too late, and judgment falls on our nation.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details