Christians have a responsibility to speak for those who can't speak for themselves. Proverbs 31 calls Christ-followers to defend the cause of the weak. All throughout, Scripture clearly instructs Christians to raise their voice for those who have no voice.
Today, you have the opportunity to help speak up for someone who is not able to speak for herself. She is a wife. She is a mother of two young children. She sits jailed in a Khartoum prison, a place she already knows far too well. Why is she there? Simply because she is a Christian.
Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce you to Meriam Ibrahim. Ever since January of this year, this woman has been shackled in Sudan for her Christian faith. Even in the face of extreme persecution, this woman of God has stood strong in her faith. One of her children, a newborn, was born during her imprisonment. Currently, Meriam awaits a death sentence for refusing to renounce her faith in Christ. If not overturned, her sentence could include 100 lashes and execution.
The time to act is now. We can talk all we want about caring for the weak, but right now is a fitting time to practice what we know to be right. I invite you to raise your voice for one who cannot speak for herself. Please sign this petition calling for Meriam's release and requesting that President Obama grant her expedited safe haven in the United States. Together, let's raise our voice for one who is voiceless.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details