My father turned 95 this past Nov. 7, and I am pleased to say that my family was able to be with him as he celebrated another milestone in his long and productive life. Joined by many colleagues and friends from around the nation and the world at this celebration, he spoke briefly of these friendships and did not fail to point people to the Lord Jesus Christ. This will forever be his legacy which is, as the Bible says, a testimony to the faithfulness of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Since that night a few short weeks ago, he has had another bout with a respiratory infection and was hospitalized briefly before returning home to recuperate. He is extremely weak, but his vitals are good.
Our family would appreciate your prayers for him that the Lord would strengthen him. He has been so encouraged by the release of his most recent book, The Reason for My Hope: Salvation, that he immediately began work on another book about a subject that he feels God has laid on his heart. Only the Lord knows what is in store as we move forward in service to Him.
To all who have stood with us—some for 60 years—supporting us financially and undergirding us through prayer, thank you for your faithful support. We are encouraged with how God has blessed the proclamation of the gospel through My Hope. This evangelistic outreach will continue for the next five years, as the Lord is using it so effectively in people’s hearts. We are thankful that He is touching hearts, as tens of thousands have responded to the invitation to confess their sins and receive Christ as Savior.
We value your prayers—in fact, we depend on them. We find words of comfort and praise in the psalms: “Oh, bless our God ... and make the voice of His praise to be heard, who keeps our soul among the living, and does not allow our feet to be moved. ... Come and hear, all you who fear God, and I will declare what He has done for my soul. ... Blessed be God, who has not turned away my prayer” (Ps. 66:8-9, 16, 20).
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details