Last night, Rachel Maddow went on a rant against my recent "Conceived in Rape Tour" for Personhood Mississippi. Once again, she ignorantly referred to children like me as being "the rapist's child."
First of all, I am not the rapist's child! He doesn't even know of my existence, as in most rape cases. And what an insult to the majority of rape victims who not only choose life for their child, but choose to raise their child—after everything they've been through, Maddow has the audacity to refer to the rape victim's child as being "the rapist's child"?!
The ones who abort are four times more likely to die within the next year. If you truly have compassion for a rape victim, you'd want to protect her from the abortion, not the baby! A baby is not the worst thing that could ever happen to a rape victim—an abortion is.
To be pro-woman is to recognize that women are much stronger than they are given credit for, and to understand that a baby is not the scary enemy. No woman has to be afraid of a baby!
Rachel Maddow is the one who is extreme because she's against the death penalty for rapists, but supports the death penalty for the innocent child who happened to be conceived in rape. That's extreme! However, I did not miss the fact that she failed to mention that the "Conceived in Rape" tour involved a real human being—and I'm a woman no less!
My birth mother did not choose life for me. She chose abortion. But pro-life advocates in Michigan chose life for me by making sure abortion was illegal in Michigan, even in cases of rape. They are my heroes and I owe my life to them! My near-death experience is very real. I feel like I was saved from a burning building and as I have the opportunity to go back and save others, I most certainly will.
Despite wanting to abort me more than four decades ago, my birth mother is proud of me today, has shared her story alongside me, and is so thankful we were both protected from the abortion. I honor her and I bring her healing, which is why she and her husband legally adopted me last fall, 22 years from the day we met. But Rachel Maddow doesn't have the heart to understand something so wonderful. She only pretends to care about women.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details